Apply to our Board of Directors
U.R. Our Hope is seeking to fill 2 positions on our Board of Directors. Please read job descriptions and qualifications below and submit your application by January 31, 2020. All applications must also be followed by a cover letter and 1-2 page resume emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org – Potential candidates will be contacted by early February for further interview and selection.
NOTE: THIS IS A VOLUNTEER POSITION. THERE IS NO SALARY OR MONTHLY STIPEND FOR BOARD MEMBERS.
All candidates must:
– Must be able to commit at least 1-5+ hours per week to the organization (answering emails, attending meetings, completing tasks, follow up, reaching out to vendors/sponsors, coordinating meetings, etc)
– Be able to attend 1 Board Meeting per Month
– Be able to attend 1 Family Meeting per Month
– Must attend our 2 largest fundraisers (Rare Disease Day Event in February and Gala in November)
– Must be responsive to email
– Must be organized, have great attention to detail, and excellent planning skills
– Must have excellent communication skills with various age groups and demographics
– Must be reliable
– Must be able to work alone and with a team
– All board members are responsible for bringing new fundraising efforts and for staffing events
DIRECTOR OF COMMUNITY RELATIONS
* The Director of Community Relations is responsible for planning and executing family meetings and community outreach programs. Examples include: organizing give back nights at local restaurants/businesses, signing up for vendor booths at local resource fairs, etc. Our ideal candidate is someone who is outgoing, a “people person,” someone who will work well with a team but also show initiative in helping secure new fundraising opportunities and donors on their own. Ideally, this person would also be able to attend networking meetings on our behalf with some of these meetings occurring during the work day.
DIRECTOR OF ADVOCACY
* The Director of Advocacy is responsible for staying abreast on upcoming legislative meetings and changes that might effect our families. This person may attend legislative meetings on our behalf and will be expected to brief the board and our families when applicable. This director will also be lead on grant writing and submitting grants for our organization so they should have grant knowledge, excellent written communication skills, and manage their time effectively to ensure items are submitted prior to deadlines.
To be considered for one of these positions, please complete the application below and then submit a cover letter and 1-2 page resume to email@example.com by January 31, 2020.